Friday, July 10, 2009

+++ Thoughts +++

There is one particular spot by the Sea of Galilee, that as a very young Christian, I stood and thought about the words that Jesus spoke to the people who gathered on this beautiful grassy area. This ground sloped down to the sea and people could bring their families and enjoy a day watching boats going by and talking to one another while their children played nearby. In the eyes of my heart, I see Jesus watching the people. A thoughtful look upon His face. His thoughts are interupted by a young man who addresses Him.

"Master, my mother and father and sisters would like to hear You speak. They have heard from others that You speak as one knowing God!" Jesus, with smiling eyes, answers, " Go tell your mother and father and sisters, that their desire is fullfilled this day."

As Jesus began to speak, all eyes turned to where He was standing. Even the little children seem to understand that something special was about to happen. All is hushed as eyes look expectantly to where Jesus is standing. Like a beautiful floating cloud over the sea, that carries with it imagineable images and pure sounds, these words are carried to the peoples ears-----

"Today you receive words of Life, and Life more abundantly!" As Jesus was about to continue, several children run to where He stands. Mothers can be heard trying to call them back; but these words sound among their calls, "Suffer the little children to come unto me, for such is the Kingdom of God!" Jesus streches His arms out to encircle the little ones who quietly lean into this loving circle. He continues to speak words that enter peaceful ,and yes, some troubled hearts. Love abounds this day! Just as the little children ran to Jesus, so we need to continually do the same.

Could this be one of the reasons why Jesus asked us to come to Him as little children? The older we grow, the easier it is to emulate a small child. As a little girl, I would pretend a lot! My two sisters and brother were older and didn't play with me, so I played alone with my doll, talking to her with funny sounds that I would speak. Now I think of these "funny sounds" and wonder if the Holy Spirit had a good time playing with me. I was very happy when I could play "make believe" as we called it. Jesus' Words flow like living water and will splash over each of us. All we have to do is listen, for---"eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him"

In His precious Love, Great Grandmother Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment